Something a little bit different for family dinners around Christmas; nice, light and tasty, full of Christmas flavours.
1/3 cup golden sultanas – snipped in half
1/3 cup raisins – snipped in half
60 ml brandy or cognac
600 ml thick double cream – chill, whisk until medium stiff peaks form
397 gram tin condensed milk
200 grams Green and Blacks dark cooks chocolate – melted
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 tsp mixed spice
85 grams natural glacé cherries – rinsed and thinly sliced
55 grams almond slivers – lightly toasted
250 ml thick double cream
100 grams Green and Blacks dark chocolate – chopped
Seeds from 1/2 vanilla pod
- Put the sultanas and raisins into a small bowl, pour over the brandy, cover with clingfilm and allow to stand overnight at room temperature.
- Put the cream, condensed milk and chocolate into a bowl, stir until blended, add the fruit including juices, spices, cherries and almond slivers, gently fold through the cream.
- Divide the mixture between Dariole moulds (depending on size, approximately 15) or use coffee cups, cover and freezer overnight, minimum eight hours.
- Put the cream, chocolate and vanilla seeds into a saucepan, warm gently over a low heat until the chocolate melts – while stirring continuously. Allow to cool a little.
- Turn out the pudding, serve with the sauce.
- Carefully dip in hot water, unmould and place onto a tray – cover and return to the freezer until ready to serve.