Not really a difficult dessert, prepare the strawberries the night before then finish off just before serving.
450 grams fresh raspberries, 90 grams unrefined caster sugar (amount to taste)
240 ml double cream,12 grams unrefined caster sugar
Splash or lime juice
Finely grated lime zest
- Place the berries into a liquidiser and process until a purée, transfer to a bowl, stir in the sugar (30 grams at a time), taste and adjust sugar if necessary; try adding a little lime juice..
- Chill in the fridge overnight.
- It is easier to whip cream when the utensils are really cold – place in the freezer for 60 minutes beforehand.
- Put the cream into the cold bowl, whisk until soft peak stage, add the sugar, continue to whisk until the mixture reaches the medium stiff peak stage.
- Fold in the purée using a rubber spatula, do not over mix as you are looking for a marbled effect.
- Serve in stemmed glasses, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish with a little lime zest.