A simple fruit fool without the addition of eggs, especially good when served cape gooseberries dipped in wonderful melted dark organic chocolate.
200 grams passion fruit purée
150 ml thick double cream
60 grams icing sugar
2 gelatine leaves
Serve with – Cape Gooseberries dipped in chocolate – recipe below
4 x 5 cm chef’s rings – line with clingfilm
- soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for five minutes or until soft
- gently warm the passion fruit pulp and sifted icing sugar, while stirring, until the sugar dissolves
- squeeze the water out of the gelatine leaves, stir into the purée until the gelatine dissolves.
- Put to one side to cool a little
- Whisk the cream until soft peaks form
- When the purée is cool, fold into the cream, transfer to a piping bag and pipe into the chef´s rings, leaving a .5 cm gap at the top (or simply spoon in)
- cover the rings in clingfilm, chill for two hours, or until set
Cape Gooseberries dipped in Chocolate
Fresh Cape Gooseberries – still in their lanterns
1 bar of chocolate (white, milk or dark/plain)
1 tray lined with greaseproof paper or baking parchment
- Put the chocolate into a bowl over a pan of hot water, allow to melt (or use the microwave).
- The bowl base should not touch the water.
- Remove from the heat, stir until smooth.
- Gently roll back the lantern and dip the bottom half of the cape gooseberry into the chocolate.
- Place onto a tray lined with greaseproof paper and allow the chocolate to set at room temperature.
- Chill – serve with ice cream, lightly whipped flavoured cream, Pannacotta.