A vanilla and orange flavoured dark chocolate fudge sauce served with a quick orange pudding accompanied by a thick – chilled – clotted cream or rich French vanilla ice cream. The combination of fabulous and easy to make and bake.
Hot Chocolate Fudge Sauce
150 ml double cream
50 grams unsalted butter
50 grams vanilla sugar
Pinch sea salt flakes
180 grams dark chocolate, roughly chopped
30 ml brandy, Grand Marnier or liqueur of choice
100 grams unrefined caster sugar
100 grams softened unsalted butter
Finely chopped zest of 1 orange
2 large fresh eggs
75 grams plain white (all purpose) flour
25 grams Green and Blacks organic cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp fresh orange juice
50 grams milk chocolate buttons
- Put the cream, butter, sugar and sea salt into a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves and the butter melts, remove from the heat and stir until blended.
- Add the chocolate, stir then leave for a few minutes, stir until melted and thoroughly combined.
- Add the brandy (or liqueur of choice) and stir until blended, keep warm.
- Butter a medium sized microwave proof pudding basin or dish.
- Cream the sugar, butter and orange zest until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs – one at a time – with one tablespoon of flour, beating well until incorporated.
- Sift remaining flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt into the bowl, mix to combine with the orange juice.
- Fold in the chocolate buttons.
- Spoon into a buttered medium sized microwave proof baking dish.
- Cover with clingfilm and prick with a skewer to allow steam to escape.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes, or until risen and set all the way through.
- Leave to stand for 1 minute before serving.
- Serve the pudding with the hot chocolate sauce and chilled clotted cream, vanilla ice cream or custard.